I am a Consultant in the private client team at Glaister Ennor. Having initially practised law in New Zealand, I developed my career in the financial services field in the United Kingdom, onto the Cook Islands and then back to New Zealand, before I joined a global bank in the Channel Islands. I then moved with that company to Calgary and then to New York. Now I’ve come home to enjoy all that New Zealand has to offer with my wife and five children.
My role in the team is to help you protect the assets you have worked so hard to accumulate throughout your life. Threats to your wealth can come in various different guises from business creditors to relationship breakdowns, and let’s not forget challenges to your Will. One of the most common concerns our clients have is not knowing the future status of their children’s relationships. Our clients want to take steps to be able to protect against anything untoward happening.
Through my interest in sports, I also have experience in sports law working with a number of professional players in rugby league, rugby union, football, the NFL and professional sailors.
I provide clients with advice on all aspects including:
- trusts – establishment, review, resettlement, variations, and vesting
- wills – complex drafting and advice
- powers of attorney – enduring, general, and specific
- relationship property – advice in relation to the effect on trusts
- gifting – advice post the abolishment of gift duty
- retirement villages – advice on occupation right agreements
- residential care – advice on eligibility for government subsidies and government loans
- charitable trusts – establishment and registration of Charitable Trusts
- tax – working closely with tax experts where necessary to ensure that structures are tax-efficient
- foreign trusts; and
- sports law.
My goal is to break down the complexities of the law to ensure that our clients understand, in their terms, what it is they are doing. It’s important to me to provide clients with effective structures to protect their wealth for future generations. I work with families to understand their specific dynamics and help them implement their long term objectives.
I have acted as a trustee for many family relationships in both New Zealand and offshore, and I am sure I can make a difference to give you peace of mind that your affairs are in order.
Area of Expertise
|DDI:||+64 9 914 3522|
|Mobile:||+64 21 333 812|
|V-Card:||Click here to download|
|DDI:||+64 9 356 8243|