I have been practicing corporate and commercial law for over 20 years. In this time, I have advised on a wide variety of corporate, commercial and securities transactions, including acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures, corporate restructures, initial public offerings, takeovers, shareholder agreements and disputes, and capital raisings. I have provided advice on corporate governance, shareholders’ meetings, Securities Act requirements, listing requirements, and general commercial issues.
Some examples of the type of work that I undertake are:
- drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, including agency and distribution agreements
- structuring, negotiating, and implementing acquisitions, disposals, and joint ventures
- due diligence investigations
- drafting terms of trade, and website terms and conditions of use
- drafting software licencing agreements and other IT related agreements
- advising about financial service provider and financial adviser legislation
- advising about anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism legislation
- assisting with capital raisings, both those exempt from the Securities Act and Financial Markets Conduct Act, and those requiring compliance with that legislation
- advising about governance including in respect of the new Health & Safety Reform legislation
- working closely with start-up and early-stage companies to raise capital, including where the NZ Venture Investment Fund invests alongside other investors; and
- working with Angel investor networks.
I enjoy getting to know my clients well; so that, I can understand how their business works and what their specific requirements are. This enables me to provide tailored, commercially practical, and timely advice.
Sarah is a Partner who does not share liabilities of the partnership.
Area of Expertise
LLB(Hons) and admitted as a solicitor in England & Wales
|DDI:||+64 9 969 1216|
|Mobile:||+64 21 900 050|
|V-Card:||Click here to download|
|DDI:||+64 9 914 3520|